Friday, August 2, 2013

It's been over a year!

O-My-Gosh everyone!

It has been over a year since I've posted to this blog but I promise you I've been thinking about you!

I can't believe how much activity my poor neglected page has had. Granted, I'm not topping any charts as far as viewership is concerned but I am impressed by the traffic I have gotten.

I have gone through a lot of changes in the last 2 years. I left a job I'd been at for almost 5 years in October of 2011 and spent 6 months working for a local company doing contract work for phone systems. That wasn't a great fit for me and I transitioned into my first ever commission sales job in July of 2012. One year later and I am happy to report that still happy and hard working in that position. Unfortunately, it hasn't left a lot of time for tutorials.

We were also hurled into another impromptu renovation when our washer and hot water heater decided to give out within the same week. This led to many-a-night after work spent pulling up the old flooring, scraping down to bare concrete, installing a new hot water heater (with lots of help from Bobby L Greene Plumbing who did an amazing job!) trimming tile, re-painting, and our first experience doing an epoxy floor. The before and after video is below.



The good news is that, now that all that is out of the way, I am almost done renovating my spare bedroom. I have my walls all painted, some furniture pieces re-finished and my wall to wall storage cabinets are on their way. The last thing left to do is to re-finish the floor to match the other two rooms we completed in our earlier re-modeling projects. This room is going to be my tutorial room/craft room/guest room/quiet place. I am super excited!

Sorry to be so lengthy but hopefully, it's the beginning of my return to the blogging/DIY scene. If there is anything that you guys want to see, give me a shout out and I'll try my hand at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment